Jersey HockeyMembership Card – Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1) The term ‘Jersey Hockey’ refers to Jersey Hockey Limited, registered company number: 119108.
2) By taking possession of your named Jersey Hockey Membership Card (“Club card”) you are accepting these Terms and Conditions and our Privacy Notice, each as amended from time to time, which shall be displayed on the Jersey Hockey website (https://jerseyhockey.co.uk/). Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affects your statutory rights.
3) The Club card is issued by and remains the property of Jersey Hockey.
4) Subject to clause 5), Club cards will only be issued to registered Jersey Hockey members (“Members”)who are, in the absolute discretion of Jersey Hockey, up to date on subscriptions and/or have an agreed payment plan in place to cover subs or any outstanding debt to Jersey Hockey.
5) Club cards will be “frozen” or “deactivated” for any Member who subsequently does not fulfil their membership payment plan. The General Committee of the Jersey Hockey, acting reasonably, will have the absolute discretion to transfer any credit balance from the Club card towards payment of such membership debt (“Set-Off”).
6) Any misuse or abuse of your Club card under these Terms and Conditions may result in your Club card being deactivated. Jersey Hockey reserves the right to decline issue or withdraw the Club card, account, or to alter or amend the Terms and Conditions of how the Club Card operates without giving notice. Jersey Hockey may terminate the Club card scheme at any time without notice and with no liability whatsoever to Jersey Hockey (save in connection with transferring any outstanding balance on the Club card, not subject to a Set-Off, back to the Member).
7) Parents or guardians are responsible for the behaviour and Club card activity of any Club cardholders under the age of 18.
8) Club cards are to be used as pre-loaded debit cards. Club cards are not transferrable between any persons and can only be used by the person to whom the card was issued
9) A credit balance must always be kept on the Club card to cover purchases. If the amount of proposed transaction of the Member exceeds their current Club card credit balance then the Club card must first be topped up before the purchase. No personal credit is allowed.
10) Loading or topping up your Club card, subject to minimum and maximum top-up amounts below, may be done several ways. This is available online at https://touchtopup.net or via the ‘Explore Jersey’smartphone app (available from the major App Stores) or physically at the till in the Jersey Hockey Clubhouse (“Clubhouse”), using either a debit or a credit card. Top-ups are subject to a minimum of £25 and a maximum of £500.
11) Members should receive an automated e-mail when their Club card balance falls below a certain level.
12) Club cards must always be presented at the point of payment in the Clubhouse to benefit from the use of the Club card. Simply quoting a card number or your membership number will not be accepted and the Member must instead pay the full retail non-member’s price by other means.
13) Use of your Club card as a registered Member of Jersey Hockey, including Social Membership, will allow you to benefit from discounted food and drink prices. Purchases without the use of the Club card will be liable to the full non-member’s retail prices as displayed.
14) In the Clubhouse, there is no ‘service charge’ applied to any food or drink purchased. If you wish to leave a tip or gratuity for service, you ask for the amount to be added to the total at the point of payment using your Club card.
15) Please contact Jersey Hockey if your Club card is lost. Replacing a lost card will cost the member £5. Jersey Hockey is not responsible or liable if a Club card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission.
16) Jersey Hockey would like to use the details from your Membership along with how you use your card to: understand your eating choices to improve our service and menus; contact you with offers and information about products and services of interest to you; manage the Club card scheme and improve the way we operate. We will not share your details with anyone outside Jersey Hockey. Unless you have opted out, we may use your details to send you offers and information on things which might interest you. If at any time you would like us to stop doing this, please let us know in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove your details from our database. For more information concerning our use of your personal data, Jersey Hockey’s Privacy Notice isavailable at https://jerseyhockey.co.uk/ .
Clubhouse Committee December 2020
Built by Potting Shed